The Boys of 1905- History of Rotary International
Posted by Brett White
on Jan 26, 2016
Tonight, I enjoyed attending our Morgantown Rotary Meetup. During this special evening of gathering, all 5 Morgantown clubs bring their members together to fellowship and talk Rotary. While at the meeting, someone mentioned the Wheel that serves as our Rotary logo and it made me think about the true historical significance of our organization. Hope you enjoy this program!
THIS WEEK’S MEETING
WEEK BEGINNING: January 25, 2016
PRESIDING TODAY IS: BRETT WHITE, PRESIDENT
A Reflective Moment
A Light Moment
A few useless facts that you never knew you needed...
- Most American car horns honk in the key of F.
- The name Wendy was made up for the book "Peter Pan."
- Barbie's full name is Barbara Millicent Roberts.
- Every time you lick a stamp, you consume 1/10 of a calorie.
- The average person falls asleep in seven minutes.
- Studies show that if a cat falls off the seventh floor of a building it has about thirty percent less chance of surviving than a cat that falls off the twentieth floor. It supposedly takes about eight floors for the cat to realize what is occurring, relax and correct itself.
- Your stomach has to produce a new layer of mucus every 2 weeks otherwise it will digest itself.
- The citrus soda 7-UP was created in 1929; '7' was selected after the original 7-ounce containers and 'UP' for the direction of the bubbles.
- 101 Dalmatians, Peter Pan, Lady and the Tramp, and Mulan are the only Disney cartoons where both parents are present and don't die throughout the movie.
This week’s Program:
*Video Produced by Rotary One, Rotary Club of Chicago